Marten Transport was created in 1946 and has reached its high level of success by focusing on providing excellent career opportunities for professional drivers like you.
As the leading national protective service transportation companies, Marten Transportion is able to offer company drivers excellent opportunities for growth and stability.
The integrity and professionalism they exhibit on a daily basis has earned us an elite status among freight haulers in North America. And that’s something we plan to continue. Marten has been providing superior transportation services for more than half a century.
According to CEO Randy Marten, the company’s success comes down to its people. “When my father started Marten Transport more than 60 years ago, he developed a philosophy that still guides the way we do business today,” Marten says. “Treat your driving force and customers with the respect they deserve, and success will come naturally. It’s a philosophy that has served us well, and as long as I’m in charge, that’s the way it will continue to be.”
Over the past several years, Marten has been recognized for its ongoing commitment to be the best. The company has been named one of the 200 best small businesses in America by Forbes magazine in 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009 and 2010. Company CEO, Randy Marten earned the distinction as a regional winner of Ernst & Young’s prestigious Entrepreneur Of The Year award for Transportation in the Wisconsin Region (’05).
Marten was selected as “The Best Place to Work” in the area by Chippewa Valley B2B magazine and also earned the Grand Prize for Safety from the Truckload Carriers Association. But beyond the awards, Marten continued its push forward, by introducing Intermodal and Logistics divisions to diversify its offerings to customers.
Marten has enjoyed phenomenal growth in recent years. Because of the company’s strong client base and numerous advantages for drivers, Marten has not only withstood economic ups and downs, we’ve continued to thrive. By opening new terminals, launching new regional runs and adding new trucks to its fleet, Marten expects to continue its winning streak far into the future
With more than 60 years of experience Marten Transport continues to push forward. The company has grown from a small, regional carrier into one of today’s leading national protective service transportation companies. With terminals in Wisconsin (corporate facility), Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia, Marten serves customers across 48 states and Canada. Today, the company that started out as one young man’s dream, employs more than 2,400 people as it carries on its founder’s philosophy of “Expecting the Best.”
Company Driving Jobs With Marten
At Marten Transport, we believe our drivers are the best in the industry. The integrity and professionalism they exhibit on a daily basis has earned us elite status among temperature protected freight haulers in North America. In addition, Marten has been providing superior time and temperature sensitive transportation services for more than half a century. We offer opportunities for company drivers (OTR, Regional, Dedicated, Intermodal and Teams).
The New Regional Carrier
With Marten’s regional network you can enjoy the advantages of more frequent home time, with no sacrifice in earnings potential.
• Consistent Hometime
• Top pay on excellent regional runs
• Automatic detention pay
• Top equipment you expect!
• Comprehensive & affordable benefits!
• Fleet manager based in your home terminal!
• Steady miles every week!
My Experience As An Owner Operator & Company Driver With Marten
I have been both an owner operator and a Company Driver with Marten for 3 years. First as an owner operator for 1 1/2 years until my 98 FLD died needing $25K worth of repairs, now a Company Driver for the last 1 1/2 years. I have been driving Commercially for 10 years OTR, Regional and Local after retiring from 35 yrs. in business.
I was an employer for 35 years. I always treated my employee’s like I would like to be treated.
It took me 7 years with many different companies to find one who did the same…. and that is Marten Transport.
There are many positive things about Marten and these stood out to me during my interactions with them.
1. Pay – Depends upon Expericence. $.36 – $.45/mile
2. Average 3,000/week
3. Type of Equipment – Freightliner, Volvo & Peterbuilt – all 2004-2006
4. Kind of Freight – Frozen Food, Produce, Haz-Mat & General Freight.
5. 50% Drop and Hook the balance “live” load/unload
6. Detention Pay – $15/hr. after 2 hrs.
7. Layover Pay – $25 after 24 hr. (Both a positive and a negative – kinda cheap on their part in my opinion)
8. Tolls paid with the exception of the Chicago Skyway
9. Pre-pass available
10. All Lumper Fees Paid – Marten Policy drivers are NOT to load/unload
11. Milage Bonus – $500 if you average 10,000 mi. every quarter
12. Safety Bonus – $200/Qtr. after you wach 15 minute video and take a multiple – guess test that any moron could answer correctly.
13. Fuel Bonus – I average $170 every quarter between the months of Sept through May. Have have idle average at less than 40%.
14. $150 if you stay out over Christmas. $50 for any other Holiday.
15. $1.50 for phone calls and $1.50 for Scales automatically every week.
16. Qualcom Dispatch – No Charge (would you beleive some companies charge their drivers for QC?
17. Routing – You choose your own route. No idiotic mandatory “short” routes that take twice as long to drive.
18. Chains supplied on ALL trucks.
19. Hiring Area – all 48 – same as running area.
20. Settlements – Every week. Very accurate and detailed. They have NEVER made a mistake on my pay.